Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Waiting on the Mail

Today's OOTD~
Dress & Bolero: WalMart
Bag: Loris
Jewelry: Forever21, Hot Topic
Shoes (not pictured): UNIF

I have a spending problem. This is not a secret. If I have even five dollars, I feel like I instantly have to go out and spend it on something. Usually this something is something I don't really need. The past week I've been spending a little more then I should where I should be saving; mostly online but also some in store things such as the dress and bolero above.

So I guess this is a two part thing, where this is the entry I post what I'm waiting for in the mail, and later I do the actual haul post. I'm hoping that if I make a post like this I won't buy anything until after the local anime convention this weekend, haha. Like all hauls/similar posts, this is in no way bragging, just sharing. With that disclaimer out of the way, let's get started!!



Firstly is something from Amazon, and it's something I'm slightly familiar with as well: Wreck This Journal Everywhere! On Amazon, this book is usually about $10, but it's on sale for $6. I actually have one of the normal-sized Wreck This Journal books, but I got it and started filling it in a few years ago, when I was in a kind of bad time in my life. I don't know, I just feel weird continuing in it. So instead of getting a new full-sized one, I got the smaller one. This one has some different prompts as well! I'm probably going to do a vlog series where I show what I've done in it (you know, like everyone else)!


Secondly is this adorable pair of earrings from the Etsy shop, DoomStuff! Even though I only have one piercing open right now, I love, love ridiculous, big earrings. This pair of earrings combines a lot of things I love: aliens, the 90s, bright colors, etc.! I just heard about this shop from my bestie, but I'm sure I'll be buying from them again, as all of their items are similarly amazing, including jwelry made from computer keyboard keys! This pair of earrings cost $11.


Next is another Etsy item, from the shop AWRecycled Journals! I actually featured this store in an older entry! This journal isn't for me, however, is for my fiance, as he loves Miss Marple. This cost $8.


Second to last is from my very first Aliexpress order! Aliexpress is like an English Taobao, so you don't need a shopping service. The pros of this site are low prices and huge variety, as well as not needing a shopping service like with Taobao. The cons are that many items are knock-offs and the quality of these items are a gamble, and unlike with a shopping service that will wait for all your items from various shops to arrive, the items will arrive separately if you order from different stores. I only ordered two relatively cheap items for my first order. I actually saw this dress first on Taobao, so I was excited to see it on Aliexpress! I love the dotted pattern, it's so happy! This cost only $13.


Lastly is the item I'm probably most excited about - this 90s-esque smiley purse/backpack!! I've been looking for a new happy-colored purse as mine is old and the fake leather is flaking a bit. This is absolutely perfect for my life! This was almost $30, so a little pricey considering it's more then likely a knock-off, but it's so cute I couldn't resist. 


So that's what I'm waiting on, and I'll do an actual haul/first impressions when I receive the items! 

What items are you waiting on?

No comments:

Post a Comment