Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 2014 Favorites!!



I usually do this series on my YouTube channel, but I haven't had a chance to film recently. If I do, I'll add the link to the video here. I've uploaded this blog as a video blog HERE!

So, this is my monthly favorites for April - products or other things I've loved and have gotten me through the month. Since I just kind of thought of the idea of blogging about it as well as video blogging it, I haven't taken my own pictures to use for this post, so they'll all be stock photos this time around, sorry! I'll be including links to all products under the images if you want to check out anything I mentioned!


I'd like to start off with beauty products with two MAC items - the first being MAC's Nightmoth lip pencil. I'm not much of a lip person, but I'm trying to change that. Nightmoth is a beautiful burgundy shade that is very dramatic but also very wearable. It goes on great and stays on fantastically. It's nice alone or paired with a lipstick!


The second item from MAC is a perfume from them that has instantly become my favorite: Turquatic. The bottle is gorgeous, isn't it? I have the rollerball instead of the full bottle, however. It's a very earthy, appealing sort of scent that reminds me of oceans and forests. 


Next is a mascara from a brand I'm not very familiar with - Makeup Forever. It's their Smoky Extravagant mascara! I thought I had found my new favorite mascara in Eyeko London's Black Magic mascara, but then my mom gave me a ton of sample products (how does she get them??) and I fell in love. What was missing from the Eyeko mascara, I found in the Makeup Forever one - not only is the length fantastic, but it thickens as well! It gives a very fake lash-like effect, so if you like natural lashes more, this probably isn't the product for you. But if you want drama with none of the hassle of actually putting on fake lashes, I definitely recommend this product!


Another sample size product I received from my mom is Stilla's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in black! Except for Urban Decay, I've all but sworn off pencil eyeliners and I'm constantly on the hunt for the darkest, most stay-in-place eyeliner I can find, and so far, this is it. I really don't have anything to say about it other then it's really good, it's very precise, and it dries quickly!


We're done with makeup, so next is my one favorite clothing item for the month. After house-sitting for my parents I placed a big Forever 21 order. While I have mixed feelings about some of the items I received (maybe I should do a haul??), the one item I LOVE the most is the Yellow Ombre High-Low Skirt! I've love the high-low trend ever since it started…what, two years ago or so? And yellow happens to be my second favorite color! Naturally I had to get it. As someone who is a bit on the bigger side, the opaque underskirt is rather short, so it's easier just to wear shorts under it. The long part of the sheer overskirt reaches to about my knees, so it's the perfect length. I also got it while it was on sale for about ten dollars! Unfortunately, I believe it's out of stock now. 


My second to last favorite is a game I've become enamored with - Paper Mario! I'm playing the version on the Virtual Console. I do love traditional Mario games, but to be honest, I'm not very good at them. This one however, I find myself pretty good at, seeing as it's sort of an RPG. I love all the characters and their interactions, and the music is just awesome. Not to mention the art style is really cute! I don't know how much the game costs now because my fiance bought it ages ago, but it's probably not too expensive if you want to give it a go! I hope to do some fan art of it soon! 

PRICELESS?!

And my final favorite for the moth of April is…this blog!! Is this a cop out, haha? To be honest, I love sharing my opinions, advice, stories, et cetera, and I thought video blogging was the way to go. While I do enjoy vlogging, I don't have the chance to film much anymore. But with MeltyBunny, I can always write up whatever I'm thinking and any ideas I may have and share them! While I haven't really gained any followers yet (^^;) I'm still getting pageviews, which means someone is reading. Hopefully someone is liking what I write!



And that's it for my April Favorites! Hopefully I'll be doing one every month, because they're loads of fun to do, whether I'm vlogging or blogging! Next month is Me May…because of my birthday at the end of the month! I truly hope all of you are doing well!!! 

~Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment