Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Nintendo eshop Game Haul!!


For some reason, buying games on the Nintendo eshop is magical for me. I think it's just the concept of being able to have all these games on you at once while only carrying one thing. My fiance has quite the digital game collection, both on his Wii U and 3DS XL. I want to build up my collection, too!

We traded in a bunch of stuff the other day, and I got a $35 eshop card! I was originally planning to get one big 3DS game and one smaller Virtual Console one, but then I thought about it and I was able to get four Virtual Console titles, one indie game, and one 3DS title! And I still have a little over a dollar left over! I'm going to need to get a bigger SD card for my 3DS soon!

So I'm going to talk about what I got briefly...I'm not really going to get too in-depth into the games, but moreso my personal first impressions of them. (I haven't had too much time to play through them all, yet!)

I am going to go ahead and say, I do recommend all of the games listed! Some moreso then others, and of course it al depends on what sorts of games you personally like to play, but they are all worth trying and all under $8!



Megaman 
(CURRENTLY ON SALE)

The original. The first. My fiance's favorite franchise. Too bad it's dead. Every time he plays it, it seems really fun and I really want to play it. So I finally bought one! I decided to start with the first for a few reasons...because it's the first, obviously (though fiance called it the hardest, oh nooo), secondly because it was on sale. And it is a lot of fun! It's also really hard! I love platformers but gosh am I terrible at them! But even though I'm constantly dying and I'm stuck at one part, I'm having a lot of fun trying, and I am improving! I also love the simplicity of it and how it's really stood the test of time and is still relevant and fun today!

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

Castlevania is another one of those franchises that I've heard about forever but never tried out. Just hearing about it from friends, I knew it was hard. But I love vampires and all things spooky, so I decided to try it out. Much like Megaman, I'm not very good at it, but I am having a lot of fun! Unlike Megaman, the images are so complex and detailed; it's absolutely gorgeous. I love how much work was put into the character and background design. I also think it's perfect to play now since Halloween is coming! 

Color Zen

I rarely find anything that strikes my fancy in the "Indie Game" section of the eshop, so I was very surprised to see something so wonderfully lovely. Color Zen calls itself a puzzle game with no real right answer, a game where you should just plug in your headphones and relax. While I have to disagree a bit with that statement (there are right answers to the puzzles, just many ways to get there), it is indeed quite the relaxing game. I haven't tried all the modes in the game yet, but the main mode is very fun. You are presented with colored shapes on a black background and you must get the main color to be that of the border color. Most of the puzzles so far have been pretty easy, but it's still very fun and satisfying to slide one color into another. The sounds that go with this game are also very lovely and ambient. I know I've already said that I recommend all the games here, but I really, really do recommend this one.

Pokemon Battle Trozei

I'm usually skeptical of Pokemon side games. Mostly because I was so let down by Mystery Dungeon, and I've heard bad things about a lot of the newer side games. But my fiance has this and it looked a lot like Puzzle Challenge to me. And this really is a lot of fun! It is like Puzzle Challenge or Puzzle League in that it is a line-them-up game, but it's also so much deeper. It's providing me with both ease and challenge, and it's really loads of fun. Also...the Pokemon are drawn really cute!! 

Super Mario Bros. 2

I'm sure a lot of people know this, but the American Mario 2 was actually a completely different game in Japan retooled to be a Mario game, while the Japanese Mario 2 is known as "Lost Levels." Because of this, this game does indeed play different then all of the other games in the main Mario franchise. But it still works as a Mario game, and it's still a lot of fun. I mentioned I was kind of bad at platformers, and I am not the best at this, but I'm not terrible. This game also introduces one of my favorite Mario characters, Birdo! This game is one of the classics, so there's really not much I can say here. I've really been in a Mario mood recently; I also bought Super Mario Bros. 3 recently, and that plus this game has sated my needs.

Legend of Zelda

The original. The classic. And I've never played it before! My first Zelda game was Link to the Past, which I loved. However, after a while, I had to print out a walkthrough because it was so hard. I might have to be constantly looking a walkthrough for this game as well! There's no map, no real objective. But that's the fun of it, you get to be a real adventurer; a real explorer. I think this is the game I've played the least of out of the six, so I can't say too much of it, but...it's Zelda. It's the first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment