Friday, September 12, 2014

Life Update: Three OOTDs, Zines, and Etc.



I haven't posted in ages, have I? -_- There's quite a few reasons for that, which I'll talk about later. Firstly, let's talk outfits!

About a month (yeesh, a whole month) ago, me and my bestie decided to get dolled up in lolita and just hang out around the local college campus. Miraiina is actually pretty new to lolita, and this was her first time going out in it! It's something that can be very scary, but she said that having me with her helped, so yay. We really didn't do much, but we did film an OOTD video, which, when it's uploaded, will be linked to HERE. Below are both of our outfits!!

Miraiina's look~!

OP: Bodyline
Socks: Bodyline
Shoes: Bodyline
Purse: Loris...?
Accessories: Many Etsy stores!

Pink & White Delight

JSK: Bodyline
Bolero: Off-brand (Target?)
Socks: Off-brand
Shoes: Bodyline
Purse: Loris
Wig: L-email
Accessories: AP, factoffrills, Etsy, off-brand

My second OOTD came maybe three weeks or so ago? Pretty much, I wanted to dress up, and I wanted to be PINK. Me and Miraiina got matching pink jelly shoes, and I've been wearing them pretty much any excuse I get. Now, I want to say something about this outfit. I'm plus sized. I have fat on me. I jiggle. So I was kind of self conscious wearing these shorts, but I wanted to because I hadn't all summer. And you know what, I felt cute in them. So wear what you want, guys and gals :)

Unfortunately this is the best and only shot I got x_x 

Top: Walt Disney World
Shorts: WalMart
Shoes: A'gaci (Brand is Bamboo)

For the third OOTD, I'm really feeling fall. Fall brings out my inner goth, so I like to wear dark clothes and such. I had a lot of fun with this outfit, and honestly I felt wonderful. I did an OOTD video for this look, which can be found HERE. While I did get a lot of head shots (ahem, selfies) from this outfit, I didn't really get any full body pictures, so I had to take a screencap from the video XD 



I'm going to keep calling it Nu Goth because I can XD

Hat: Forever 21
Dress: Forever 21
Shoes: UNIF
Glasses: Vintage (from my fiance's parent's storage unit!!)



I've been kind of in a rut, lately. I won't really get into it, but I just haven't been very happy lately. I have some things I need to do, but I just can't find the energy to do it, and I end up sleeping through most of the day. Not very fun.

I have discovered a new show which everyone else has already discovered before me - Orange is the New Black! Wowwww this show is so, so good. From the first five minutes, I could tell that it was brilliantly written. I intended to watch it just to have on in the background while I do other things, but I literally cannot look away while it's on! I wholly recommend it! (If you are of the appropriate age, of course ^^)

Something else I've done which hasn't made me sad is CREATE ZINES. I've been in a creative/destructive mood and zines are the perfect outlet for that because they are so open format and can be whatever you want them to be. Like, thinking about them makes my brain tingly (in a good way, of course) and makes me feel like I can do anything. I'll be putting them up on Etsy once I have some printed. I'm planning on making a few different ones right now, but I'm sure I'll end up making loads of different ones *3* I'm going to a used bookstore tomorrow to find some books and magazines to cut up.

Also, I've been oddly comforted by pictures of plants, lately. Plants, fog, and water. Let me show you one of my favorites!!

Daisies! Water! Vintage filter!

Finally writing this, I feel a lot better. I've had this blog page open for about a week and a half, trying to finally write everything up and post it. I've just been so depressed, but hopefully I'll break through it soon. I'm going to edit a vlog I filmed today and watch more OITNB and draw some alien girls or something. I hope you all are having a wonderful day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment