Wednesday, March 25, 2015

52 Week Lolita Tag, But All at Once


MTAC is coming up, which means a few good days of wearing lolita fashion! I actually haven't been in too much of a lolita mood lately, but I am excited to wear it again. I decided to do something that might help me get in a frillier mood, so I decided to do the 52 week lolita challenge...only, I'm not that patient, so I'm going to do all the questions at once!! I find things like this fun. If you like, take it and do it for yourself!


5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style
     -Bloomers and a really good petticoat are the obvious first two choices. I think next one should have at least one basic blouse in the two colors that go with many things, black and white. Fourth, I think that you should have one good pair of shoes that go with lots of coords, so again, white or black. Lastly, this isn't a "wardrobe" item, but I think splurging on some good foundation is good.

5 movies for Lolitas
     -This is kind of hard. I'm not going to say Marie Antoinette because everyone seems to say that, but it is a good movie. I guess maybe a magical girl movie (like Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure, etc.). Umm...I honestly...don't know...maybe a version of Alice in Wonderland? Phantom of the Opera? 

What my own Lolita lifestyle is like 
     -Non-existant? Haha. I wear it so rarely nowadays. 

 Favorite thing to put on my head
     -Bows! Big bows!

 My wardrobe turnover
     -I'm not sure what this means by turnover...?

 My favorite Lolita brand
     -Angelic Pretty! Followed by Baby the Stars Shine Bright.

 Why I wear Lolita?
     -I like it and it makes me happy: why you should wear anything.

 Why don't I wear Lolita more often?
     -I don't really have a big lolita wardrobe, it's actually the smallest it's been in ages now. Also, I get hot easily, and it gets hot where I live early in the year and stays hot for a while...

 5 keywords that describe my personal Lolita style
     -Limited (lol), pink, happy, yes, roomforimprovement (lolol)

 How I first found out about Lolita
     -In 2005, I was a sophomore in high school, and in art class my friend was drawing Mana from Malice Mizer, so I did some research, found Moi Meme Moitie, and went from there~

 3 trends I wish would come back
     -The only one I can think of is nice old school lolita, but it actually does seem to be coming back a bit?

 Combining other fashions with Lolita
     -I'm kind of iffy on this...with things like fairy kei, mori, etc., I think it could be okay, but when people seem to combine it with anything else, I've just never seen it done too well (but that's not to say it couldn't be done!)

Lolitas I have met in real life
     -Just the ones from my local comm.

Lolitas I would love to meet
     -Any! But I guess especially PrincessPeachie, Frillypinkdreams, Lovelylor...jeez, I was just talking about this with a friend today, I can't think of anyone else!

 3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita
     -Petticoats are NOT optional, do not buy that hideous bat wa-lolita thing it won't even fit, please wear a wig. 

10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe
     -It's as small as when I first started. It used to be bigger. I will never sell Toy Parade. I need more basics. I can't do many coords right now (do you see a theme?). I probably need a new petticoat soon. My pink shoes are worn with almost every coord. I used to have a whole bunch of replicas. I regret selling a few things. I can't wait to add to it.

 My first meetup
     -Uhh. I think it was...not with the existing comm, but with a group of lolitas and oujis and bit older then the current comm's demographic...we went to one of their houses, had some finger food, and went to see Alice in Wonderland in theaters. I think this was my first?? I don't remember...

 Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love
      -OTT Sweet

 Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on
     -When I first learned about lolita, I liked that cheap Hot Topic-esque lolita look. Ew.

 How satisfied I am with my current wardrobe
     -Not! At all!

 Plan for a trip! A week's worth of Lolita outfits I can fit in a small suitcase
     -I could probably fit my whole lolita wardrobe minus petticoats and wigs in a suitcase, sadly.

 How I accessorize
     -With bright colored things!

 What influences my Lolita style
     -Probably tumblr. Hah. The lolitas that I look up to.

 What's in my makeup bag
     -I couldn't begin to list everything x_x

 Best places to wear Lolita
     -Hmm...somewhere like a tea house, or maybe an exhibit at a museum? Or a play? Or just at someone's house~

 How I get out of a wardrobe slump
     -Buy something, browse sales posts or outfit posts.

 Purses that I love
     -Purses that look like food! I love the ridiculous Honey Cake (I think that's the one?) pancake mix purse.

 Bloomers or no bloomers?
     -Bloomers always.

 Lolitafying things in my everyday life
     -I'm not very patient so any DIYing I would like to do, I rarely do...

 How long it took me to build a complete wardrobe
     -HA.

 Impulse buys that were totally worth it
     -Toy Parade! I had to even put it on payment plan because it was such a sudden decision.

 My best deal
     -Not sure :o

 Something that I made
     -When I first started liking lolita and I was still very, very much ita, I made crappy wrist cuffs and a headdress out of cheap black lace.

 Wardrobe blunders! Things I bought that I ended up regretting!
     -Replicas...

 What I thought when I got my first real piece of Lolita
     -"It's...perfection!"

 Nails to match my favorite looks
     -I never do any fancy nail art, but I usually try to coordinate colors.

 Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
     -Hmm...I guess gothic.

 Favorite hair style
     -Pinned back under a wig cap ;)

 Most versatile Lolita item I own
     -Pink Bodyline heels. I wear them with almost every coord. They're so used, I need new ones!

 5 inspirational fictional characters
     -...well, I don't really know any fictional lolita characters (except for the obvious).

 Fondest meetup memory
     -Hmm...maybe at the swap meet, I got SO much stuff!

 The ways in which I fit the cliche
     -Uh? I like cute things??

 The ways in which I do not fit the cliche
     -I am not tiny and delicate :(

 How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions
     -I've never had any "bad" reactions per se, just confusion or awe or the usual "are you in a play" or "did you make that" questions. Oh! This one time I was at the mall, and these girls were very very obviously hiding their faces as the walked passed me, phone pointed at me (I assume they were recording me). It was...huh. At least be polite!

 Something that was a gift
     -Hm...I used to have some Bodyline an old boyfriend gave me, but I've since sold those dresses.

 Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
     -I don't really care one way or the other.

 The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get
     -So far I haven't really had a hard time obtaining anything, yet.

 My "signature" outfit
     -Toy Parade JSK, pink blouse, pink shoes, white or black ankle socks, short split brown wig, and a cute purse.

 My favorite Lolita print
     -I have a lot, but Dream Sky is probably my ultimate favorite.

 What's in my closet, but I haven't worn yet!
     -Nothing!

 Predict the next Lolita trend!
     -I'm not good at this game.

 How Lolita has changed me
     -...I don't know? What an anti-climactic end.

No comments:

Post a Comment