Saturday, May 24, 2014

Frivolities I want: Future Purchases!


You know what today is? Payday! The best day that comes every other Friday, early in the morning. I have so much on my Amazon wishlist, so many links saved to things I want to buy...but oh yeah. I'm an adult. That means I have things to pay for first, like my half or rent, and internet, and gas, and food...and then plans to go out with friends...and just little expenses here and there...oh.

So as much as I'd love to make weekly posts about things I've gotten, reviews on smaller artists's shops, and so on, I just can't. But! I can make a list of things that I know I'll be purchasing in the near future! That might be entertaining, right? Right? Sure!

These are in order to how likely I am to be purchasing them soon to something I'd just really like. I hope you enjoy! Links provided where they can be. 


First up is something I know I'll be purchasing when it comes out on May 30th! I've been a fan of Mario Kart since I first played Mario Kart Advance, and I've loved every one I've played since...except the original, haha. I think my favorite is probably Mario Kart DS. Best handling, portable, and so many tracks to play on! The only thing I don't like about this Mario Kart is the steep price tag...but...such is life.



Second are some sets of stickers! These I might actually purchase tonight, heh. Artist Kaiami has tons of stickers in her storenvy store, and at such a good price, too! She has drawn such things like Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and more, and her style is just adorable! ...I just ordered three different sheets. Oops! I got introduced to this artist by fellow blogger Frillypinkdreams (my favorite blogger...she doesn't know I exist, hahaha). 



 The Karaoke Songstress Shorts in Cherry by Modcloth are just darling! And high waisted? And they come in plus sizes?? Count me in! One of the more affordable pieces on their website at just under $40.00, these shorts look perfect for the upcoming 95-100 degree weather we'll be getting around here. I've really wanted to experiment with high waisted shorts because crop tops are so in style right now and I, you know, have a big tummy and don't want to show it. The only thing is, I don't know what size to order them in :x But they have free exchanges, so if I get a size too big, I'll just change it out for a smaller size! These I might buy closer to or when I get my next paycheck. 


As I mentioned in my favorite Youtuber blog entry, yes, me and this girl differ on so many opinions it's not even funny. But I love her and her confidence. And no, she's not dumb, she just likes to act like it. Curvy and Loving It is her fourth book out, and unfortunately I haven't read any of them. But I really want to read them all, especially this one about loving your body no matter what size you are. The reason this isn't a bit higher on my list is because since going through a sort of...mental breakthrough a few days ago and making that post about loving my body, I've been feeling a bit better about myself and feel I don't "need" this book as much.

Next is...Rilakkuma items! While Tarepanda will always be my first San-X love, this little guy and his pal, Korilakkuma, have been creeping their way quickly into my heart. I don't know why I didn't like them when I first saw them, I guess because I don't really like bears. And maybe because they were so popular, I got sick of seeing them. But I saw a little Korilakkuma pencil case at work a few weeks ago, and since then, I've been obsessed with the tiny bears. I even purchased a Rilakkuma wallet! There are many items of course with these two mascots on them, but I think what I want most is a pillow, like the one pictured above. Of course items like these are kind of pricey, being big and most of them shipped from Japan. But, one day I'll have my own big Rilakkuma to squeeze. This leads me into my next want, which is...



Stationary and other paper supplies!! Again, through Frillypinkdreams, I found this website called JanetStore that has thousands of stickers, folders, papers, pencils, you name it! And the prices are so affordable! This A4 Ultraman folder is only $0.80!! ...The shipping however, is not so affordable. It is paper product coming from Japan, so understandably, the shipping will be a bit high. But the low prices of everything else make up for it. They carry all sorts of things with all sorts of mascots, such as Sanrio, Disney, Sesame Street, San-X, and more! I can't wait to place an order here!

The Very Big Sketchbook is exactly what it sounds like. It's a huge, coffee table-like book full of 300 blank pages for you to fill with whatever. This isn't practical at all as I won't be able to take it anywhere, won't be able to scan easily from it...but I want it. The price is of course steep as this thing is heavy, so this is going to have to wait a bit. But I want to know what sorts of glorious things I could fill this with!!


Next are fake nails, specifically Impress Nails. They're a few years old now. They're fake nails that stick on with adhesive instead of glue, and they stick on really nicely. At my job, I work with my hands so my nails don't stand a chance unless I get something like a gel manicure. So these nails are great for my off days - I can just stick them on quickly, and then use some nail polish remover to pry them off before I go to work. These nails are very affordable, they're a litle under eight dollars at most places I've seen them and they come in loads of different lengths and patterns. I even have some for my toes which I'll be trying out on my birthday! 


Lastly, we have some nice gel pens. I like my writings to be neat, yet colorful. Usually in journals or other notebooks, I only write in colorful gel pens, and I'd love to expand my collection. Sarasa is my favorite brand right now! I have some from Target I adore, but the tip is just too thick for my small writing. 


There you have it!! Of course, I'm not writing this to say, "I want you to buy this for me," or "I have money look at me," I just want to share some of my current wants with you!! 

What are some things you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment