Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pre-Birthday Fun! Forever 21/Forever 21 + Haul!!


I had such a very fun day today~! It's officially one week until my 24th birthday! I'm not shy about reminding people, haha. I don't care about if I receive gifts (but I appreciate them, of course) but I like to celebrate. I already know what I'm doing on the actual day of my birthday - going out to dinner with my parents and the fiance and then going to Dave & Busters with my two longest friends! But for the past few years, it's been tradition that one of my best friends, Erik, gets a cake for me and has people over at his place and we just generally watch stuff and catch up. That's going to happen next weekend!

I got to hang out with Erik today, as well as his super awesome girlfriend Ashley, and the fiance! We first went out to Dairy Queen and had some food. I've lost about seven or eight pounds since I started my job, so I figured a little treat was okay. Then we got coffee! My weakness! And then we were a little stuck for what to do, but didn't want to part ways yet, so Erik suggested we go to Opry Mills, which is the big mall in Nashville. So we made a trip of it!

Since the flood of 2010 and the re-opening of Opry Mills, there have been less "interesting" stores like a bookstore, a boba tea shop, a media store, etc, and more high-end clothing stores. Of course this gave the boys a lot to complain about, but me and Ashley loved it! It was so good to have someone to fawn over clothing with! I really only have one other friend I can do that with.

So we went many places, but in the end, we spent about an hour in the giant Forever 21. Forever 21 is one of my favorite stores, even if most of their clothes doesn't fit my body type. This one, however, also had a plus size section! I also have to say that my experience this time was very nice. Usually, especially at the one at the mall in my city, the shop people can be a little rude. But this time, people asked how we were doing, and the cashier was very nice.

Erik bought me three pieces of clothing and one jewelry item as my birthday present! So I figured a haul and review was in order!! I got from both the plus size section and their regular clothing selection. I'm going to be listing the size I have it in as well as the price of these items in case you would like to check them out as well. I'm so thankful to have such kind friends!! Also...I took these pictures on my phone, so they are kind of poor quality, especially the first one! I'm sorry! But, onto the haul~


Aaaah, blurry picture! There's a worn picture below, however. Anyways, I've never had a romper before, but I think they're so darling. This romper has a mesh top (covered up by the text ^^;) and two straps on either side holding it up. The back has a little tie area that holds together the top and opens up so you can put it on with ease. The waistband is super stretchy and comfortable! Great for just relaxing around the house. My one issue with it is that it's just a bit short when you sit down but...that's the style, so, what can you do? It's not that big of an issue.


Here's a picture of it worn! Trying to be okay showing my body! >_< And yes, the bedroom is a little messy, what are you going to do about it. As you can see, a 1X is not super form-fitting, but still not super baggy. Perfect! Actually, Ashley got the exact same one so we can twin!! I love this thing! The only thing that could make it better - pockets!


Next is another item from the plus size section. This picture does not do it justice at all, it's such a wonderfully light peach color with gorgeous lace detailing. As you can see, the back is a little open with the knot at the neck. The thing I love about shirts like these are that they're so versatile. You can dress them up or just wear them with some jeans and sandals! I can't wait to see what sort of coordinates I put together with this shirt! And look at that price!


This is the last clothing item I got, and not from the plus size section. It was also on sale!! It's no secret that I fell hard for the whole spikes and studs trend. And sheer? And high-low? Perfect. And the back is even open a little. Another small detail I like is that the buttons are covered by a flap of fabric so they aren't seen. Included with this was a little bag of spikes to replace any that fall off. I'm probably going to wear this mostly open as I don't think it can close over my bust, haha.


The final item I received was jewelry. I love F21's jewelry with a burning passion. Mostly because it's all at such a wonderful price. But I fell in love with this because it's clear (a huge trend right now) and iridescent (I just realized I spelled it wrong on the picture...)! It's a little clunky and gaudy and I think that's another reason why I snatched it up. This was the last of its kind there, but I also saw similar bracelets in an oil slick-type color, yellow, and black and gold.

As usual, I'm very satisfied with my purchases at Forever 21/Forever 21 +. Their clothes are affordable, comfortable, and on point with current trends. I saw a few other things there I might pick up when I go shopping at my local one next (like a floppy hat? can I pull off a hat?) I also want to thank F21 for even having a plus size section at some of their stores. I hope that they can integrate F21+ into all of their stores in the future, so girls and guys of every size and shape can wear cute clothing~!

Until tomorrow, please be happy and love your body!


No comments:

Post a Comment