Saturday, May 3, 2014

Top Ten Video Games I Love, But Never Finished!!




This idea came to me while me and the fiance were listening to video game music. This is the first top ten on my blog! It's "The top ten games I love, but have never actually bothered to finish!" I often don't finish video games for a number of reasons, be it boredom, frustration, or something else. For this list I'm excluding games that technically cant be finished, such as Animal Crossing. Also, since I do love a lot of these games equally, these aren't in too much of an order c_c



10. Final Fantasy X

Ten for number ten, heehee! Anyway, I didn't know much about Final Fantasy when I got this game with the "Greatest Hits" label on it. This game probably had the most advanced graphics at the time for any other game I had, and I thought it was the most gorgeous thing. I instantly had to download the soundtrack because I loved the opening song so much. And for a while I was steadily going through the game without much trouble. But I was a much younger gamer when this game came out and didn't know that you had to level grind in Final Fantasy games. So there eventually came a point where I faced a midboss…and I failed epicly. I probably could have gone back and grinded a bit, but instead I got frustrated and stopped playing. I can't for the life of me remember what part of the game I was in now.




9. Bayonetta

Ah, Bayonetta. I fell in love with the character as soon as I saw her. Sexy and powerful, she was an inspiration. I first played the game on the 360 (admittedly, the better version) at an ex's house, but eventually bought the game for the PS3 that I was borrowing from a friend. When the time came to give the PS3 back…it broke. Totally not my fault, t was just a coincidence that it broke after I gave it back!! When I moved in with my fiance, I had the opportunity to play again, but I really didn't want to have to play through all I had done again. Like FFX, I also highly recommend the soundtrack to this game!




8. .hack Series

I hadn't heard of .hack until I heard some younger high school friends talking about it. I thought the concept was really intriguing - an MMORPG without the MMO. Perfect for a shy person like me! My friend let me borrow the first game and I was hooked. I actually did beat the first game relatively quickly. I got the second game for myself and…like FFX, I neglected to level grind. The time came where any level I could beat, I'd only gain 1 exp per enemy, and anything one level above that would murder me instantly. I would like to replay it one day, as well as play the sequel games.




7. Chrono Trigger

 I was really excited to get this game for my birthday some years ago. A "real" RPG. I found myself getting stuck often and not sure where to go. And then I got another new game, put this one down…and then when I picked it up again, I had no idea where I was or what my objective was, and I did not feel like starting from the beginning. 




6. Legend of Zelda Windwaker

I'm going to be honest, I've maybe only played ten minutes of this game. But I've seen it played and read up on it a lot, so I do know a lot of what happens. It's so gorgeous and I loved Phantom Hourglass, so I know I'll be finishing the HD remake sometime soon!




5. Persona 3 FES/Personal 3 Portable

I got Persona 3 FES as a recommendation from an ex-friend, and I fell in love. But like with other games, I neglected to grind, and then got frustrated when I couldn't beat the bosses. But I picked it up again once I got a PSP, and was really happy I could be a girl. Even though your character never says a word, other then what you tell him or her to, I felt more connected, and also felt more at ease flirting with the guys instead of pretending to be a guy flirting with girls, haha. I got pretty far in P3P, maybe about halfway through. It was another case of getting other games and neglecting older ones. One day. One day.




4. Super Mario World

One of my first games was the port of Super Mario Brothers on the Gameboy Color, so naturally, I had to get the Super Mario World port for the Gameboy Advance. And honestly, I'm not too good at Mario games. I have to replay levels over and over and over before advancing, but I do eventually advance. And once, I got farther then I ever had. And then…I lent the game to my friend. And she deleted the save file…I was heartbroken and I've never gotten back to that point again.




3. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

This was actually my first Final Fantasy game! I loved how cute everything was and I replayed the first bits over and over, trying to get the right combination of characters and skills and such. But even with level grinding, I got to a boss I could not beat and put the game down.




2. Paper Mario

I'm cheating a bit here, because I'm playing this one currently…sort of, I have taken a month-long hiatus from it. But this game is just awesome, as I talked about in my monthly favorites. It's a Mario game I'm actually good at, and everything is just so cute. But I came to the Forever Forest and…well, for those of you who have played it, you can see why I stopped there. Pretty much, you need a walkthrough to get through it, or else I don't see how you would know which paths to take. And walkthroughs are readily available online, but…I took a break from it, and just haven't picked it up. But I will! I am determined!



1. Any first-gen Pokemon game

Yep. You read that right. I have never once beat a generation one Pokemon game. I didn't have an original Gameboy, so I was just stuck watching the show until I finally asked for a Gameboy Color. My first Pokemon game was Silver, and I didn't get Blue until much later. And…I just didn't finish it. I asked my mom to buy me a copy of Yellow from eBay…and it got lost in the mail, or stolen from our mailbox. Then I got Fire Red and got all the way to the eighth gym and…just stopped. I acquired both an English and Japanese version of Yellow, but again, never finished them. Why? I have no clue. It's like I get stuck on what to do or something, even though I know what to do. But! I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke run on my Japanese Yellow, so hopefully this time I will get to the original Elite Four! Of course, having played Silver, I have technically played through gen one…but of course, that doesn't really count, haha.



So, there are my top ten games I love but haven't finished. I have even more games I haven't finished, and I hope that I can get better about that. I want to be a successful gamer (?) and actually finish what I start. Wish me luck!

~Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment